Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Tiptoe Through The Tulips FINISH!


Tomorrow is the official release of my Tiptoe Though The Tulips quilt pattern, but I wanted to first share the finished photos of my biggest quilt to date... a  whopping 108" (ca. 275 cm)! Wheh!... when someone says "go big or go home", it would appear that I take it quite literally! 


I sent my quilt off to Iva again to work her magic. Under my old machine, I could imagine that I would still be wrestling this beast at least until Christmas. She did an all over design of leaves and blooms that seemed quite fitting to this pattern.


The majority of these pictures are taken at an old historic water mill in the area... I don't have to look very far to find a great background shot here (the beauty of living in an old country) This is actually the same water mill where my husband and I got married ten years ago. We even have a picture of us on this very same bridge overlooking the water towards the mill.


We even ran into the mill keeper... he asked if our marriage was still holding? "As long as this tall, handsome man still holds my quilts, then, yes!" I told him. Fresh, I know. But it was still nice to take a trip down memory lane with our two boys, and share a nice afternoon snack and tea afterwards in the warm spring like weather.


As you can see, the quilt fits quite nicely on our king size bed (2 x 2m) with plenty of wiggle room for my 6'5" tall-drink-of-water husband. He has visions of getting an even longer bed... hmmm, we'll see.


I'm going to have a hard time deciding which of these fantastic lampshades will end up in our bedroom. I've been drooling over them now for a very long time, and these will be the sweet birthday present from my husband. (in two weeks) Shhhh... don't tell on me that I pulled them out for the photo shoot, but like a good little girl, I packed them away again until my birthday. 


Be sure to stop back by tomorrow for all the pattern details and color/design options on the March 15th official release.


Quilt: Pattern: Tiptoe Through The Tulips from Allison Richter for Campbell Soup Diary
Started: August 2016
Fabrics: Alison Glass, Carolyn Friedlander, Cotton & Steel, Lizzy House, and various additional prints from my stash. Kona Cotton White.
Finished quilt size: ca. 108" x 108" in. (275 x 275 cm)


Linking up for Finish-A-Long 2017

18 comments :

  1. Wunderschön! Photoshoot, Hintergrundgeschichte und Marriage Trivia, Wetter, der Müller, die Lampenschirme und überhaupt der ganze große Quilt mittendrin. Ich freu mich für dich und darauf morgen wieder vorbei zu gucken, wenn du die Nähanleitung der Welt vorstellst. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks... somehow I seem to naturally come up with some kind of Rosamunde-Pilcher-way to say things about a quilt ; )

      Delete
  2. always so nice to have a quilt fit your bed! I make big quilts too

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Allison!! And your photo site was just perfect for this quilt. I'm so excited for tomorrow for you :-) (green lampshade gets my vote)
    Happy (almost) Pattern Release Day ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy, well the nice thing is that I get to keep them both : )))

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! I didn't get a good realization of the size of the pattern until it was on the bed. And I love your photo shoot backgrounds - perfect, and it looks like Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Goodness! It's absolutely gorgeous! So bright, cheerful, and springlike! And big! Yeah, I'd send that one out to be quilted, too! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! Can't wait for tomorrow and the pattern release.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this has turned out beautifully Allison. Luckily your husband is so tall - definitely makes those photos easier. Good luck with the release - looking forward to seeing lots of different versions popping up .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Julie, my 6'5" husband STILL had to have a ladder... and a second guy ; ) He's tall, but not quite that tall... but yes, it does come in pretty handy.

      Delete
  8. This quilt is just beautiful and well deserving of all those lovely photos. Congratulations on your upcoming pattern release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt turned out really great. Love the quilting design and it really is huge! Your story telling as usual is fun to read and seeing all the lovely pictures, I am glad you all had fun on the photo shoot and memory lane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just gorgeous Allison!! Stunning quilt and in a stunning location.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fresh and spring-like with the white background. I do love the drama of the black background in your pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how spring-like and fresh this design is on the white background. But I love the drama of your pillow with the black background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done! It's a gorgeous pattern and your color choices are so lovely. Congrats on all your Q1 Finish Along successes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a gorgeous quilt ! And your photo shoot is fantastic ! Thanks for participating in the 2017 FAL, visiting on behalf of the 2017 FAL cheerleading team.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails