Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Who Doesn't Love Options?


My Jeweled Kaleidoscope quilt pattern is now in the hands of my pattern testers, and I'm really loving seeing so many takes on the same block! Be sure to check out what's happening on Instagram (#jeweledkaleidoscopequilt)... everyone has their own signature style and favorite fabrics. Oh, by the way... did I happen to mention that my pattern comes in two different sizes and an optional version?


The pattern is also available in a 18" mini size, which is perfect for pillows, wall hangings, etc. This pillow is for my living room and I love it! This is not only the mini version, but also the optional version without the circle appliques. (I realize that applique is perhaps not everyone's cup of tea)


I've been working a lot in EQ7 and playing around with different color variations, which is where I originally came up with this warm color version on a dark Essex linen background. I think it really takes on a totally different look, don't you?


So, from there, I thought it would be fun to see what the same mini looks like in cool colors... hmmm, I think I might be onto something here. The advantage of such a program, is that it's so much fun working with your stash fabrics without making a mess!


My Jeweled Kaleidoscope quilt is set to release October 12th, so stay tuned for more projects from my first quilt pattern!


Linking up this week to Let's Bee Social

9 comments :

  1. I only have to wash and bind my miniquilt and then it's ready for showing it. I really like your pillow. It is so different to the quilt you have made.

    LG Mareike

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are just perfect -- they just pop! What a fun pattern! Wendy at piecefulthoughts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the rich vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on this beautiful finish and getting the pattern done! I love it!!! The colors, the possibilities, the design! You nailed it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous cushion Allison. Love that Essex Linen - I really need to get some.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks amazingly beautiful! Love the quilting and the grey background.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very talented with color! I know I've said that before, but it's worth saying again. Admirable also that you've dug into EQ7-- wish I had more patience to do that. Looking forward to the next revelations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pillow!! and your use of the dark essex for all background fabrics. It makes it really classy, I think.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails