Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Piece by Piece

So, how about if I let you all in on a little something that I've been working on over the last couple of months. Nope, no baby news! It's actually something that I am somewhat hesitant about sharing. Perhaps the enormity of it has been one of the main reasons that I've never done it in the first place….

... I started a quilt.

 There it is... wheh, it's out there now. No pressure huh? I've been kicking the idea around for quite some time now, and shortly before Christmas, I decided to take the plunge. This is actually something that is pretty big for me since I like quick little projects where I have something to show for it after the end of the weekend.

I actually marvel at some of the quilting blogs out there flipping out quilt after quilt like they are pancakes. But I assure you that this is not what you will get here. No, no... I am still too easily distracted, too easily whisked away by a flight of the moment inspiration that leaves far too many UFO's decorating my "to-be-finished" pile. In fact, it's something that I don't even foresee as being completed by the end of the year. 

BUT, I do not intend for this to remain unfinished. Sew a little bit… on the backburner... sew a little more... back on the backburner, well, you get the idea. And I am actually O.K. with this. I have been saving up some of my favorite Anna fabrics, and I have every intention, no… I am determined, that this WILL end up being the quilt that lands on my bed one day.


I guess with the line of work that I am in,  it is high time that I started…. how about you? Any long term projects in the making?

4 comments :

  1. Colors look fantastique combinded with the Grey!
    Happy sewing!
    Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herrlich, so eine Arbeit wachsen zu sehen! Aber genau wie du sagst, ob der Größe geht man so einen ganzen Quilt nicht so zelstrebig an, wie ein Kissen. Hoffe, deine Motivation wirkt ansteckend . . . .
    Allerliebste Grüße von Anja

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so this thing is going to turn out gorgeous -you+AMH?!? =) The idea of a quilt freaks me out, too, so take your time, but just be sure to post a picture of the finished project, no matter when that is!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails