Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bits & Pieces

I just love it when I get a chance to use up some of the fabrics scraps that end up on the cutting floor, don't you? Since I've not really gotten into making quilts (yet), I find it hard to throw those little pieces of treasured fabric away... but quite frankly, sometimes I'm totally overwhelmed with them not quite knowing what do with them either. I had a tip that was passed on from Susanne recently of what she does with some of her fabric scraps (seriously, I would love to give you her link, but her blog is still in the process)

I have always loved covered buttons, and really like some recent projects I've seen with them being made into jewelry, push pins, magnets, and even gift wrap accents. Aren't these Aneela Hoey fabric covered button giant paper clips super sweet?... perfect for a bookmark or even getting yourself organized, and who doesn't need a little more order in their lives... right?

So, what do you do with your fabric scraps... any fun fabric scrap links?

6 comments :

  1. These are precious! Love them! What are button cover kits called in German and where do you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great idea!
    but how do you get the buttons on the paper-clip?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jules... one just has to love the wonderful world of Etsy... they ship to Germany as well!

    Stefi, the paperclips have a special flat round metal piece attached to it. I simply glue that on the back of the button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sehr hübsch, schöne Farben.

    Liebe Grüße

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  6. @juliette: wir nennen das "überziehbare knöpfe" - guck mal hier.
    grüße
    frau s.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails