Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Children at Play

I could imagine that many of you are familiar with the adorably sweet children's prints from Sarah Jane, children's book illustrator and mother of three small ones. If not, just sit back and let a big "awwww" escape from your lips.

Having been familiar with Sarah's work for some time now, you can't imagine how excited I was when I heard that she was coming out with her own fabric line, Children at Play, for Michael Miller that she introduced at Spring Quilt Market. (found here)

Not only does Sarah write a fantastic blog filled with sweet childhood memories in the making, but she has come out with a few equally as sweet embroidery patterns.

I've also noticed since having a little guy in my life now, how many "things for girls" dominate the market... but luckily the boys aren't completely left out of Sarah's picture. Even though there is no pink in them, I think these prints are equally as adorable.

I have my eye on a couple of fabrics for projects for my little man. I love how Sarah captures the adventurous side of boys in her fabric. (found here)

... and of course she offers a few embroidery patterns for boys too!

Since having introduced her fabric line, she has since added some coordinating prints to her shop. Be sure to check them out soon, because she is now offering a sale in her shop.

6 comments :

  1. Aren't they cute, I really like the pictures and as I ordered one of these rings (no idea what they are called...) to put your fabric in for stitching and it arrived yesterday I'm really in love with the embroidery. Thanks for your post, Allison and have a nice day, Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these ARE cute! Dare I say I'm thinking about trying embroidery at some point in the near future? I recently acquired some floss. =) I have some other projects I want to finish first though (shocker).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog - as I'm new to blogging every comment is so exciting:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, das sind wirklich feine Zeichnungen. Und die Stoffe erst, wunderschön.

    Liebe Grüße

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never heard about this line of fabric, but it looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the link. I am going to buy Addy a dress off of Etsy using this fabric. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails