Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Patchwork Meets Poetry

I am always fascinated how two people can take the same fabric and end up with two completely different results. Usually when I see a fabric for the first time, I know immediately what it is going to be. I can see it in my head… what ribbons I might use, or buttons, sometimes I have a piece of fabric that I purchased three years ago that I just know will make it really sing.

As I already shared with you, I am totally excited about the “Weekends” collection from Erin McMorris… so fresh and lovely, and I wanted to share with you what others are doing with this fabulous collection. Two years ago I introduced you to Anja’s wonderful “Poem Pillows”, and wanted to share with you a little bit of “fantastic-ness” that she whipped up… a beautiful and well planned mix of bright and vibrant colors, courageous pattern combinations, and thoughtful poems. Imagine snuggling up in your favorite chair with an exciting novel and that perfect little pillow in just the right spot… ummmm! On the back of the pillows is a band to keep newspaper, tissues, or that book that you just can’t put down.

Ich finde es immer faszinierend, wie zwei verschiede Menschen den selben Stoff nehmen können, und zu zwei total unterschiedlichen Ergebnissen kommen. Wenn ich einen Stoff das erste Mal sehe, weiß ich sofort, was es wird... ich kann es einfach im Kopf fertig sehen. Wie Ihr schon wisst, bin ich sehr begeistert von der Kollektion von Erin McMorris, und ich finde es interessant, mit Euch zu teilen, was andere mit dieser schönen Kollektion gemacht haben. Ich habe schon vor zwei Jahren Anja’s wundervolle „Gedicht-Kissen“ vorgestellt, und wollte noch mal zeigen, was sie aus derselben Kollektion gezaubert hat. Eine Mischung aus prächtigen Farben, mutigen Mustern, und gedruckten Gedichten.

Want to find out more? Just contact Anja at asteinhaus@edition7.de

4 comments :

  1. These are great! This week is pillow-planning week and next week is pillow-sewing week. I'm all excited to finally get the LR pillows done. Of course true inspiration only comes when I have a million other things going on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Super Tolle Kissen.
    Ich liebe diese Gedichte auf den Kissen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liebe Grüße aus Hamburg Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one and can invision a skirt made of this pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails