Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A German Wedding Garden Party

One of my husband's cousins got married this past month and it seems as though "what to wear" dominated quite a lot of our time. Weddings in Germany are quite different than they are in the States. Sometimes the happy "I do" ceremonies are a little short, sweet, and to the point, but I must say that Germans really know how to party it up! This wedding was even a little different than some of the other weddings that we've attended here... fancier, if you will. I hate to admit it, but I had to invest in three different outfits for the affair! (Oh, listen to me... you would think that a girl would find nothing better than to go shopping, right?)

After the church ceremony the party moved to the family home where people were mingling, drinking champagne, and what else would you expect... the ever talked about "coffee and cake time". The weather was not necessarily everything that a bride could wish for, but running in and out of tents for the light and fickle rain drizzle was much better than the 35 degree (95+ F) that it had been the weekend before. I had at first decided that I just wanted to relax and enjoy the event instead of toting around baby on one arm with my camera in the other, but I found myself completely fascinated by the fashions that I saw... beautiful large hats adorned with curling feathers, jackets and silk suits in bright colors, and accent ribbons and trims. With so much eye candy, I simply could not resist!


... You certainly didn't think that the party ended there, did you? Oh, no... there's much more to come.

4 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for this... reminds me of British weddings, so formal but so much fun. I love these pics!!! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see! I hope you took some food photos, but wow on the fashion. Gorgeous! One of these days, I am going to be one of those lovelies wearing an amazing hat at a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of the Race days at Ascot ... you know, who can wear the best or biggest hat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THESE PHOTOS. That one of just the girl's skirt and pink shoes...want it! I had no idea it was like this..I don't think it is in Austria. Reminds me of Kentucky Derby.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails