Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quilt Market Sale - Week 4

Wheh!... we made it! We just got back from our weekend show in Verden, which is why I am a little late with this week's post. Hauling displays and shelving, tables, and boxes filled with purses and jewelry is lots of work, but somehow seems doubled when one is "under the weather" with a cold and pregnant at the same time. I was excited to see a lady walking around in a skirt made with Jane Sassaman fabric, and immediately figured out that she was a customer of ours... it looked so great!

It's nice to be home to recover and I am ready to settle in for a few holiday projects before Christmas is here... that's right folks, we only have a month to go! So if you are planning to get creative for the holidays, you better get cracking! I have a few fabrics that could inspire you... especially for creative presents for kids. O.K., O.K., I know, my brain might be slightly one-sided right now with baby ideas floating through my head, but don't you think that this week's sale fabrics would make just the most adorable things for little girls?

For me Heather Bailey's Pop Garden collection, it was love at first sight. Oh the possiblities...

Light aquas and lime greens, from the Flights of Fancy collection from Paula Prass... fresh and fun for that springtime feeling...

Darker tones mixed with reds from Patty Young's Andalucia collection. I can envision a sweet Christmas jumper dress for the holidays. (ribbons not included in sale)

So one show down, one more to go. My last show for the season will be a combined effort with Anja (you may remember me talking about her here) December 4th, focusing on handcrafted items with fabric. If you are in the Hamburg area, put it on your calendar to come by and be inspired.

4 comments :

  1. ok, first of all boo hoo. I am so bummed I cannot come to your show. I would love to come and bring by some cake and help you sell sell sell.

    Second. Allison, that last colorway of fabrics in that last photo is doing it for me in a big way. I am planning the windows and fabrics for my new guest room, and am going to get with you on those.

    I will send you a personal email soon. liebe gruesse auch natuerlich unbekanntewiese an deinem Kind und deinem Man. NICHT VERGESSEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are taking Germany by storm. I have been to the fabric stores in Germany and to say the least the variety is a little depressing. Will you celebrate Thanksgiving this week with your husband?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh please, no tears... as emotional as I am, if you cry, I cry too.

    I didn't start out planning to sell fabrics in Germany, it just kind of happened. Since I could not find the same kind of fabrics that I was used to working with in the U.S., I talked my hubby into buying a couple of bolts of Amy Butler fabric (for purses) and decided to list the rest on my website. The fabric sold and then we ordered another collection. It really took off and the whole fabric thing just kind of fell into place.

    Thanksgiving... hmmmm. I miss turkey day!!! We will celebrate with friends the first weekend in December... I know, a little late, but at least there will be Turkey and pumpkin pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison, I am so glad to know that my fabrics are being represented so far away.

    I send the warmest wishes from the chilly Midwest!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails