Friday, November 6, 2009

Not So Glamorous

Since I am essentially a "one-woman-show", with the exception of my husband helping here and there with German translations and other administrative tasks, all the work that I do with Still Water Designs is left up to me. Which means I get to do the fun part of creating, but I also have the not so glamorous tasks of taking product photos, cropping them, writing up descriptions for items, listing them on TWO sites, not to mention packing and mailing orders... sigh, too much to do and not enough time. Right now I am stuck behind the scenes preparing for next weeks sale on jewelry, but I still thought I would share what has been inspiring me these days.

I've only recently started working with Rose Quartz, and I love it! It is such a soft and understated stone, but makes me think of femininity through and through. Quartz is the second most abundant mineral on earth and includes stones such as Aventurine, Agate, Jasper, Amethyst, Onyx, and Carnelian, interestingly enough all stones that I love to work with.

What do you do behind the scenes that many may not see or recognizes immediately on the surface?

4 comments :

  1. they look great!! and i know what you mean by being a "one woman show"... at the moment i´m not liking it too much... maybe it´s just all the rain we´ve been having... but here´s a little "you go girl!" from me. besos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. to an extent, I can empathize, although correcting medical research articles from home is not the same as running a tactile business from home. I have enjoyed the class I'm helping teach - the other 2 I work with are just really critical of the students (maybe that's just the German cultural difference! ha) but I have to say I see a lot of potential in our group. We have our next class later today and I really hope we can encourage them to keep going with their efforts. Same for you in your sales prep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work surrounds you with such beauty and elegance. And I believe you can make glamour in stamp-licking :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only imagine how busy it keeps you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails