Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Stop And Smell The... Tulips


It's been said that in life you should always take time to stop and smell the roses... but what about the tulips? The past weeks have been a whirlwind of preparations, and I will be crossing the finish line this week! I've been so consumed with finishing my Home Sweet Home applique sampler for release, printing patterns, Nadelwelt preparations, and too many other things to list, that it's left me feeling a bit buried in work. A few weeks ago my mother-in-law asked if I would be interested in visiting the Keukenhof tulip gardens in Holland. Of course the answer was immediately yes, until she told me the date... the weekend before Nadelwelt! But in spite of my mile long to-do list, I decided to go with her. So this week instead of sharing my latest projects in the works, especially since I am so short on time, I wanted to keep things simple and send the reminder your way to stop and smell the tulips.... or perhaps even tiptoe through them if you prefer.



4 comments :

  1. I am so glad you took a little breather!! We went to the Keukenhof 29 years (and a week) ago!! I found it beautiful then - but with age, comes appreciation and I can imagine I would love it so much more today.
    Best of luck teaching. You'll be fabulous!! :-)
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! How spectacular! Thanks for sharing your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fantastic, the colours of nature are stunning. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails