Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Reverse Applique + FAL Goals


I'm pleased to say that I seem to be right on track with my progress from the last FAL quarter even though that means that I only got one quilt finished... but it was a biggie! The best part about this quarter is that I know that I will definitely have at least one sure finish... the quilting is finished, and binding is all that's left to do for my Home Sweet Home Applique Sampler. (pattern releases May 16th!)


I have two small spin off projects that I'm adding to the list, and reverse applique circles are my current flavor of the month, but I really like the way it highlights these applique blocks...


I usually don't like to give myself self imposed deadlines because I enjoy quilting more when I can work on what I'm in the mood for. On one hand my biggest deadline in May has been pushing me pretty hard, and I found that while quilting, there were a good number of times that I found it really unenjoyable... hey, isn't our hobby supposed to be enjoyable? On the other hand, it's nice for me to have the deadlines to push myself towards finishes... and that's a good feeling too! 


Even though I have more projects in the works than are on my list this quarter, I am keeping my FAL list relatively small this time. My Whirly Girl pattern has been bumped to the back burner twice -  the first time so there would be enough time for pattern testing Lovebirds' Garden, and then again when the momentum of finishing Home Sweet Home to introduce at Nadelwelt cut line. But after the dust settles, I'm pushing this one for a fall release!

Summer Smoothie has made it to my list again. This is pretty high up on the priority list too because I am queen bee coming up soon, and it's a good feeling to finish one bee quilt before starting another.


  
Lovebirds Remix quilt top is so close to being finished, but there are a few "I'm a perfectionist" things that are standing in the way. I keep trying to convince myself that I don't have to unpick the whole applique vine that is already stitched down. (but I'm not so sure that I won't just do it anyway)... we'll see.

That's it... doesn't seem like much, right? How are you coming along with your quarterly goals?

5 comments :

  1. Danke für deinen Tipp ! Ich mag deine Beiträge sehr !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry if I have missed you saying this somewhere, but where do you get your wool felt from? It seems too uniform to be handdyed which is all I can find, and while beautiful, it is very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Since I am in Germany, I am buying my felt here too. What you have most likely been finding is felted wool and not wool felt. What I use is felt that is 100% wool… have you tried Etsy? I know that Heather Bailey has offered her own felt, but I have never used it before. Mine runs about 2 dollars/euro per sheet… it’s not outrageous, but I prefer to pay a bit more for a nice quality felt. Good luck in your quest!

      Delete
  3. Even if it is so not my cup of tea, I love looking at all your beautiful applique. They are so cute!

    For the FAL list, I am mostly looking forward to Whirly Girl so I can get started on mine again too :) Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your applique is gorgeous. Love the Summer Smoothie! On behalf of the FAL crew, thank you for joining up!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails