Wednesday, April 5, 2017
It's been so helpful for me to section my to-do project list into quarters. When I look back, I have a better overview of what I've accomplished, which is a really good feeling, and what needs to get done. I was able to finish my top four goals from my super full, and super long 2017 goals list... among them was my second pattern release which was also my largest quilt ever! I even finished two other projects that weren't even on my list. (here and here) One of my general goals for this was to stretch myself with free motion quilting... and there's a big check beside that box too!
1. Tiptoe Through The Tulips quilt 2. Jeweled Kaleidoscope Alison Glass Pillow 3. Tiptoe Through The Tulips Pillow 4. Alison Glass Applique Pillow.
I know that practice makes perfect, but I am slightly overwhelmed with how many quilt tops I've collected that have to make it under the machine to be quilted... so let's just say that I have a good bit of actual quilting to do this next quarter.
1. My AMH quilt is basted and I've started quilting it... I didn't like how I first started quilting it, so I took the stitches out, and if you've ever done that before you know what fun it is (please tell me you picked up on my sarcasm?)
2. After I finally decided on a layout, my half square triangle quilt top came together pretty quickly. I've only made two quilts that I DIDN'T piece the back, and I think this one could end up being the most pieced backs... use up those scraps, right?
3. My bee block quilt top was assembled last fall, and I'm partially finished with the back, and using a few of the blocks that didn't fit on the front. I've decided on very simple walking foot quilting.
4. Penny Sampler is my slow stroll, stop-and-smell-the-roses quilt... I've been adding blocks here and there as I get time, but I'm in no rush to get to the finish line on this one.
5.Green Smoothie... what can I say? on the backburner, but not forgotten.
6. I'm about half way through putting together my 3rd pattern, but I've really pulled it out when it's our monthly sewing meetings. After I get a few of these tops quilted, this will move up on the priority. list.
So, there are actually two new projects that have been added to the list,
7. My Orphan Block Quilt, which is sort of a new project, but not really... is essentially giving a new face to some of those abandoned blocks from previous projects. It's nicer to finish them than through them away, don't you think? I had several squares that were left over from my Swell quilt, and these are perfect little fillers.
8. Pattern # 4 Well, this one just hit me like a ton of bricks. I was sitting with my husband during my birthday brunch date... somehow the artwork behind kept distracting and inspiring me, and I just couldn't get it out of my head... long story short, my first medallion quilt will be pattern number 4!?! Julie, I told you that you really got my brain churning with the idea of a medallion quilt... this will be a mostly applique quilt! Center block is finished and I'm working on borders now.
**TIP OF THE WEEK**: I found this fabulous, world changing video on the Fat Quarter Shop You Tube channel for the starch applique method... let's just say that these 60 orange peel leaves were whipped up rather quickly with this method... and NO freezer paper removal from the backside!
Wheh... still with me? I'm already making my list and checkin' it twice.
Linking up with Let's Bee Social.