Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Tiptoe Through The Tulips RELEASE!


May I formally and officially introduce you to...  

Tiptoe Through The Tulips, my second quilt pattern, for the intermediate to advanced quilter who enjoys working with a variety of techniques. With curved piecing, traditional piecing, bias tape appliqué, and traditional appliqué, there is a good mixture of quilting methods to make sure that there is never a dull moment. This pattern includes the required drunkard’s path and appliqué templates, two coloring pages to help you create your own custom version, as well an bonus table runner project. 

... and what better way to celebrate than with a 20% discount on my Tiptoe Through The Tulips AND Jeweled Kaleidoscope quilt patterns now in my Payhip shop! (sale runs from March 15th through March 22nd, 2017) Simply enter the code: Tiptoe when you check out.




There are several finished quilt size options:    
  • Single Block (approx. 24" unfinished), which would be perfect for a pillow, table covering, wall hanging, etc.
  • Wall/Throw (approx. 69" x 69") 2 x 2 blocks + border/sashing
  • Twin (approx. 69" x 92") 2 x 3 blocks + border/sashing
  • King (approx.107" x 107") 3 x 3 blocks + border/sashing
  • Optional Borderless/Double (approx. 83" x 83") 3 x 3 blocks
  • PLUS a bonus table runner project (included in the pattern)
 

It's fun to see how patterns can take on a totally different look with just a simple background change. I turned this single block version into a pillow for my living room, and I love the dramatic effect of the dark background.


I've also included a bonus table runner project in the pattern for those who prefer smaller projects. Simply perfect for a spring table setting, don't you think?




I really love some the creative, think-outside-the-box ideas that my pattern testers came up with. Julie just made my head spin with ideas when she suggested to use the 24" tulip block as the center for a medallion quilt, so I decided to play around with another layout (not included in pattern). Wouldn't this be a fun version to explore? I can't wait to see her version!
 

Mareike has a keen eye for interpreting quilt blocks in her own way, while still staying true to the original pattern. She came up with this masterful layout of my Jeweled Kaleidoscope quilt pattern, and I thought it was just brilliant to seperate the tulip blocks and set them on point. You don't want to miss her lovely table topper that she made. (more on her blog here)


Speaking of pattern testers, even though it's the job of a pattern tester to thoroughly pick apart and search out every little tiny mistake, here are a few things that my pattern testers had to say about my Tiptoe Through The Tulips pattern:


“I love how there are so many varied aspects to the design...I've found with this, and other similar projects that I don't get bored just repeating the same block over and over. (Tiptoe Through The) Tulips is an interesting block pattern in and of itself (each block) and my eye travels over it, taking in each aspect. The little circles are like the cherries on top of an ice cream sundae and a little reward at the end of the block construction.”  Melissa from mtweedel

***********************************************************************************************
 

“The colors in the instructions are really pleasing to the eye. Cutting charts are really clear. I think it is a good idea to have the image of the part of the block you are cutting shown on the left. I thought the pattern overall is really clear and comprehensive, cutting, sewing and pressing. I thought the block came together beautifully and the illustrations make everything soooo easy.”  Carmen Attie

***********************************************************************************************
 

“This pattern is so detailed and really well laid out. I appreciate the amount of information that you've included. I like the extra table runner project. It's a cute design.” Becca from Cleaverr

***********************************************************************************************
 

“First of all, I LOVE the pattern! There are a couple of different methods which appeals to a more experienced quilt maker, but it is not too difficult. There are so many beginner’s patterns about, it is great to see one a bit more advanced, while it is not really too difficult for an improver.
 

The instructions include generously constructed parts, which means quite a lot of trimming to size. While that may not be a favorite method for everyone, I love it, because it means the parts fit together very well.”

I think your pattern is very original, clearly explained in a step-by-step way, and gives great results.
Sandra from Sew Of Course

***********************************************************************************************


Be sure to see what's happening under the #tiptoethroughthetulipsquilt hashtag on Instagram, and I can't wait to see what you add to the mix!

7 comments :

  1. Dear Allison,

    There are some great ideas to make this block shine. The medaillon quilt would be nice, too. Though I would say, it needs more flowering elements around it. Adding the table runner project is fantastic and the pattern offers now so much, there is no excuse any more, to not buy your pattern.

    Best Mareike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mareike, so much for your beautiful project... it turned out just lovely Perhaps you'll be up for round three... but first a break ; )

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful quilt! I love the use of traditional elements with a fresh new flair. I'm sure it will become a classic on its own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... that's so sweet to say, perhaps a little biased, in a good way, but biased nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. No pressure for me now Allison. Have to admit you have given me a couple of ideas for some rounds so thank you. Congratulations too for another beautiful pattern release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love this as an applique template pattern for my embroidery machine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, congratulations on your second pattern!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails