Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Listen... Do You Want To Know A Secret?


Before our recent move, I was actually able to make significant progress on two secret projects that I've been hinting at for way too long... I'm in the process of writing my own quilting patterns! Since it is such a lengthy process not only to write the pattern, but also make a sample quilt, it's been hard keeping it under wraps... week after week making lots of progress, but nothing to show!


If you have seen very many of my quilts, you may have noticed a little addition here that doesn't usually pop up in the rest of my projects, and is definitely not a staple in my fabric stash. Somehow I felt like that this quilt just needed to have grey in it! So, am I the only one who chain pieces paper pieced patterns?
 

... but behind the scenes, this quilt top is getting close to being finished! The first pattern will of course be a paper pieced pattern with some applique... what else, right? Somehow I'm just not ready to step away from my jewel colors, and this palette has made it back up on my design wall once again.


There's no offiical release date lurking around the corner, and I even hesitated about letting the cat out of the bag too early. There are still a few boxes in random corners throughout the house waiting to be unpacked, and our big guy starts school this next month (!?!), so needless to say, my plate is pretty full. Are you working on any summer sewing projects?

Linking up to Let's Bee Social.

7 comments :

  1. Now you have me curious! I can't wait for you to settle in and pick up where you left off. Writing patterns is so hard. Love seeing that big stack of blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY WOW! How wonderful. Congratulations! Writing your own pattern is no small feat! I am looking forward to finding out more =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting....can't wait to see your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting! I have been working on getting my first pattern done as well. I have one finished, but not tested yet. It is fun, but A LOT of work that's for sure! Good Luck. Can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Love all the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, it completely makes sense to paper piece like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping my fingers crossed that you have the boxes unpacked in no time and that way a lot of time to finish writing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails