Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Closer Look

So I thought that I would share with you a little more about the process of designing my own ribbons, but first, how about a closer look at them and then a couple projects?

As a young girl growing up in the U.S., it was always my dream to visit Europe... so romantic with it's long and full history, beautiful buildings and architecture, and wonderful cultural influences. Who would have ever thought I would one day end up living here?!? But of course, one has ideas of how things are in other lands, which may or may not hold true. And while I have not visited Holland (yet!), I suppose that this design reflects what I imagined so long ago to be a sweet little Dutch girl working in her garden. I felt like the blues, reds, and oranges were in keeping with traditional colors, and that is how I ended up choosing them for this first design.

And now for a project idea... from there, I simply took the design and blew it up, then used it as a template for this sweet pillow applique. Of course a few of my ribbon accents, and done.

6 comments :

  1. Super schön!Die sind dir wirklich gelungen!!!
    Liebe Grüße, Smila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your ribbons!! They make me smile and look very happy! Sehr schön! Liebe Grüße!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wunderschöne Bänder und überhaupt ein toller Blog !

    liebe Grüße
    Inga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eine zauberhafte Idee, wundervolle Bänder sind es geworden.

    Liebe Grüße

    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOHHHH mein Schatz!!!!
    Ich bin sooo stolz auf dich!!!!
    Super! Wie hast du denn die grossen auf dem Kissen gemacht?
    Die Bänder sehen richtig richtig gut aus! Und du hast das gezeichnet!
    OK mein Baby, als nächstes sind jetzt also deine eigenen Stoffe dran, ich bin mir ganz ganz ganz ganz ganz sicher!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails