Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekend Project

I had originally started working on this project to enter a contest featuring tutorials for gifts to send to that "special someone" or for "love-themed" events such as weddings and engagement parties.

BUT... sometimes projects flop and just don't work out as you had them planned... you too? So my "Valentine's card" is a result of combining what didn't work out with a little bit of paper. I love mixed media projects and especially combining fabric and paper.

Valentine's Day is a really big day in the States, and while it seems to be working its way over to Germany, it is not as popular here. I have to admit that I never really was the biggest fan of Valentine's Day... especially during my single days. It was always a big slap in the face that I didn't have anyone on the biggest day of love. But now that I am married, my guy is relatively unfamiliar with the holiday and if I want flowers I have to tell him so. Sigh... what's a girl to do?

But I still wanted to share what could be a super easy project for the weekend... cut out a couple fabric shaped hearts, glue them on, outline them with a black marker, add a sweet charm, and write a special message to your love... for any time of the year. Happy weekend creating!

2 comments :

  1. Love, Love , Love this! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mixed media fan myself and love how this project turned out!! Somebody will be a lucky recipient! =)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are what makes blogging fun for me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails